Are you looking for a rehearsal space?
Are you planning a new project?
Do you want to cooperate with us?
At TATWERK you will find the basis for your work.
We offer the space for rehearsals and research and if needed we are at your side in the different phases of a project. Learn more about the practice at TATWERK and our way of working.
We look forward to receiving your inquiries:
Current program series at TATWERK
A Serious Playground
- Working detached from a concrete project plan.
- Exploring and developing themes and artistic languages.
- Exchange with the audience and other artists to push ideas forward.
Sharing Before Showing
- Rehearse and present the project before the premiere.
- Meet the audience in different formats, in accordance with the objective of the process.
- Premieres and guest performances at TATWERK, curated by the team.
- All performances will be accompanied by different mediation activities, which will promote the exchange with the audience and with other artist:s.
… and the focus of the season
- Backstage Peeping on Twitch
- An open experiment: Can content and modes of the independent scene fertilize mainstream streaming platforms?
This program invites selected artists to realize independent, digital and discursive formats within their own work processes. These will be explicitly designed to be streamed on Twitch.
As theater has done for millennia, the Internet generates communities that reach a very intimate level through the filter of the medium. Unlike theater, which can only fully develop its strengths in immediate presence, the Internet works best in physical isolation.
Both media are based on an illusion that can be so powerful, to create worlds where there is actually nothing - this is also where the »between us« is rooted.
This experiment is meant to open a door. It is to allow an approach to the language of contemporary performing arts.
The users of the internet should know that the plays of the independent scene are also made for them.
On our projects page you will find the participants of this program.
Supported by Fonds Darstellende Künste with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.Between Us
… and last but not least
CooperationsTogether with each artist, we develop a cooperation concept tailored to the respective needs.
It is important to us that the cooperation is based on trust and that the artistic concept relates to the positions of TATWERK.Cooperation